We simplify the home buying experience!
What will it take to make owning your dream home a reality? Lakeshore Community Credit Union’s variety of mortgage options offer the best possible rates and financing for our members, and are tailored to your specific needs whether you’re a first-time homebuyer, upgrading to a larger home, or looking to refinance.
We offer Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA and Portfolio Financing Options. So rest assured we will have both the product and rate that will meet your financing goals.
Below please find a few suggestions to consider before you start looking for a new home…
- Do your research: Get a solid grasp on the terms and processes of buying a home. Take the time to understand the lingo and create a budget.
- Prepare the Paperwork: Get all the necessary documents like work history and income details together before applying for pre-qualification to help expedite the process.
- Contact a Mortgage Specialist: Contact one of our Mortgage Specialists, Mike or Troy to process and manage your mortgage. Your Mortgage Specialist will help you select the right loan for your needs.
- Get pre-qualified: Apply for pre-qualification for your loan. Make sure you get pre-qualified for a loan before you start looking at homes so you are better prepared to make a purchase.
- Find a Realtor: Seek out a realtor who is familiar with the area you’re looking to but in and who can help you prioritize your search and visit homes that match your desires and budget. Mike and Troy can help connect you with a realtor or check out our Realtor of the Month.
- Search for a Home: You’re officially ready to hit the pavement in search of the perfect home. Narrow down your search by cost, location and other desired amenities.
- Make an Offer: When you find a home you want to buy, submit an offer. Your first offer may not be accepted, and you may have to negotiate.
- Obtain Title Insurance: Title insurance is required by your lender and guarantees your property title is free of “hidden” liens, hazards or human errors.
- Finalize the Loan: If your offer is accepted, your Loan Officer will work to finalize your loan. Be prepared with the required documentation ahead of time.
- Closing: At this point the sale is complete, and the seller turns over the property title. There are fees associated with closing. Work with your Realtor to manage your costs.
NMLS # 114702
For the past 15 years Mike Mulhall has been helping consumers with their mortgage needs. Mike joined Lakeshore Community Credit Union in the fall of 2015. He specializes in FHA, USDA and VA loans, along with being a trusted advisor for conventional mortgages. He also has extensive experience with first time homebuyers. Many of the local realtors refer both first time buyers and seasoned home buyers because of his attention to detail and customer service.
Mike said “The key is to ask the right questions to understand the borrower’s needs and goals.” Whether you are refinancing an existing property or purchasing a new one, Mike can help with your financing.
Mortgage Loan Originator
NMLS # 1549596
Troy Mulhall joined Lakeshore Community Credit Union in the fall of 2016. He grew up in Macedonia, Ohio and graduate from Nordonia High School in 2012. While attending NHS he participated in Track and Field. He received all-Ohio honors in the 4×800 meter relay in 2011 and 2012. Troy attended Notre Dame College on a Track and Field scholarship.
Troy is the new Mortgage Loan Originator here at Lakeshore Community Credit Union. New to the mortgage industry, he is being trained by our Mortgage Manager, Michael Mulhall. Troy is looking forward to meeting members and new loan customers to help them with their purchase or refinance needs.